Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Angkhang Part (II)- Pinnacle of Angkhang

For a moment I thought I had conquered the pinnacle but on closer scan only to find there were several more hill tops to surmount. With an 8kg load of camera gear on my puny shoulder, I was just surprised to be able to return in one piece with all those steep gravel treks.

Another hill top brought me to the forest of the "thousand year flower" or Rhododendrum.



Not the in-season but still managed to see a couple of flowering trees. Green-tailed sunbird? Well I saw none. Can't blame them cause as I raised my head into the Persian Blue sky, the sun God was already bursting through a break in the leaves. A star burst I named it.



Tis the time to fill my stomach and descend I made. Feeling much much lighter after conquering the Pinnacle of Angkhang, my footsteps just took to wings. I think this was the one time when I felt truely free. At the exit, I realised I had missed the driver pickup time.



The only choice was to walk back ~4km of undulating mountain road. Lucky me, hitched a ride back to town. Driver was a long hair lady. Still recalled she changed her Thai music to some chinese cassette tape. There was brief exchanges inbetween but before long, I was by my doorstep.

So long for first day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home